Twitter has 330 million monthly active users and is often referred to be one of the original 'microblog' platforms since it enables the rapid publication of brief material and updates.
These individuals come from all over the globe to the channel in search of the newest news and updates from their favorite companies. That implies that if you are not currently on Twitter, you may be losing out on some significant leads.
Unfortunately, many companies are now tweeting, many do not understand how to utilize Twitter successfully to help develop their businesses. Scheduling tweets and ensuring that each post includes a handful of hashtags does not make you a Twitter expert.
Fortunately, if you're prepared to maximize the true potential of this famous social media site, the following advice may assist you.
Here are some practical strategies for successfully using Twitter:
Begin By Developing A Twitter Strategy
A well-thought-out plan is necessary for success on any social media site. With the proper strategy in place, you can ensure that your time and money are spent on activities that contribute to your objectives and provide results.
You may want to:
- Begin by determining your Twitter account's purpose
- Increase revenue by generating fresh leads and sales
- Enhance customer retention
Once you understand your company objectives, you can begin developing more concrete targets for your social media plan. For instance, you may want to achieve a monthly goal of 20 new email sign-ups by the conclusion of a three-month campaign. If you want to see results, make sure your objectives are clear and quantifiable.
Remember, while developing your objectives, it's critical to understand who your audience is. On social networking, avoid attempting to be everything to everyone. Make choices based on your buyer personas.
Create A Twitter Account
A well-constructed Twitter profile is an extremely effective weapon in your social media marketing arsenal. Create the appropriate picture for your business and you will increase your audience's trust, as well as your capacity to appear in the appropriate social streams. Before moving on to the next step of learning how to use Twitter successfully, double-check that you have completed the following:
- Personalize and improve your Twitter profile: Use a customized picture as your profile photo and explain what you do in your bio. Don't forget to include a secondary link in your bio to increase the number of leads that come to your website.
- Obtain confirmation: Want your consumers to believe you're a reputable business? Obtaining Twitter's blue "verified" badge is a great place to start.
- Include links to your profile in other places: Make sure to promote your profile by including a link to it on your website, email signatures, and other social media sites. This will increase the reach of your social profile.
As the name suggests a logo designer designs well logos, but so can an illustrator, even though their true forte lies elsewhere, they won't be as good as the prior. The same applies to app and web designers, they will excel in designing UI/UX-based projects but will most probably not be up to par with the rest.
Recognize How To Use #Hashtags
Twitter is where the all-important social media hashtag originated. Make the most of this resource. Hashtags categorize your content and make your brand more discoverable online. According to Twitter's study, hash-tagged tweets increase brand interaction by 50%.
While there are many methods to improve your hashtag strategy on Twitter, the following are some fundamental guidelines to follow:
- Track your hashtags using a hashtag monitoring tool to guarantee you're interacting with everyone who uses them.
- Avoid using an excessive number of hashtags in each post. Twitter advises a maximum of two hashtags per tweet.
- Avoid using spaces in hashtags. #Social Media would refer to #Social and denote the media component separately. Ascertain that everything is connected. Furthermore, avoid the use of punctuation!
- Utilize Twitter's popular hashtags. On your Twitter profile, in the left-hand sidebar, you'll notice a button for explore showing top trending tags connected to your profile. Utilize them as inspiration for your first tags.
When Should You Tweet on Twitter?
Each minute, almost 350,000 tweets are transmitted over the digital airways. Unsurprisingly, genuine interaction from your Twitter followers seems so tough. Understanding how to use Twitter successfully often entails determining the optimal time to tweet to reach your target audience. Consider the following:
- The best day to post on Twitter is Friday.
- The greatest time to post on Twitter is between 9 and 10 a.m.
- The safest times to post on Twitter are between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- Sunday mornings on Twitter are the least engaging.
Naturally, each audience is unique. To ensure that you get the best possible outcomes:
Maintain a high level of interaction with your followers by tweeting at least once a day. Keep in mind that you may also experiment with publishing more often.
Utilize data from Twitter Analytics to modify your timing as you get a better understanding of your audience and their preferences.
Bear in Mind That You Should Engage Your Audience
When determining how to utilize Twitter successfully, it's tempting to get obsessed with analytics and statistics. However, the reality is that the most critical metric to monitor on Twitter is your interaction rate. Without interaction, you will just have several followers, not a genuine follower list. To establish rapport with your audience:
- Maintain an eye on your network: Read your followers' tweets and utilize them to get more insight into your consumers' tastes, new industry trends, and more.
- Respond quickly: On Twitter, users want businesses to be responsive. According to one study, 42% of customers want a response from a business within 60 minutes. Reassure your consumers that you care by responding promptly.
- Retweet, interact with, and follow: Demonstrate your appreciation for your audience by retweeting their material and following them on Twitter.
- Pose questions and engage in dialogue: Engage in dialogue with your audience. Conduct polls and solicit their feedback on pertinent brand-related issues. Conduct a contest to generate interest in your business.
- Tag individuals using @mentions and hashtags: Engage your network of followers and influencers by @mentioning and tagging them in your posts. Simply ensure that your tag methods are suitable.
How To Use And View Liked Tweets
Likes, previously known as favorites on Twitter, are another critical method to keep your audience engaged. While you need to carefully examine your entire Twitter behavior to ensure that your audience is clicking on links in your tweets in addition to liking them, they may still provide insight into what your audience is interested in.
Additionally, you may demonstrate your affection for your audience by liking good comments and excellent responses on Twitter. Simply click the heart symbol under a tweet on desktop or mobile. Liking your customers' tweets demonstrates that there is a human being behind the Twitter account who is reading and responding to their comments, rather than just sending out automatic customer care responses.
Likes can also be a great source of brand and industry analytical information. Check out the list of liked tweets from thought leaders or influencers in your industry to see what they’re responding to and, often, sharing out to their own following. To do this, click on the individual profile page for that user on mobile or desktop, and navigate to the ‘Likes’ tab.
Develop a "human" side
According to Twitter, "it's critical for your brand to create a human tone of voice."
What exactly does this imply? In a nutshell, social media is all about facilitating human interaction. If you want to succeed on Twitter (or any other channel), avoid inundating your followers with promotional material. While it is critical to represent what makes your business distinct, the key to success is finding a method to connect with your audience.
Humanizing your brand entails infusing your Tweets with personality. Consider the personality you want your company to have. Would you prefer to communicate casually and cheerfully or in an informed and sophisticated way? Whichever path you choose, have a consistent personality. For instance, Innocent maintains a pleasant and quirky online identity: In addition to developing your brand voice, ensure that you interact organically with people on Twitter. Respond to their comments, "like" what they say, and demonstrate to your audience that they are valuable. Avoid becoming one of those businesses that only engage on Twitter when someone makes a negative remark about you.
Use Multimedia to Boost Engagement
Multimedia continues to be a vital and effective method of social media engagement. According to one Twitter user survey, 82 percent of all users on the platform watch video content. Additionally, these respondents said that they would want to see more videos from the individuals they follow.
To increase your followers' interest, you could:
- Share a behind-the-scenes film of your company to aid in the development of your brand's trust and authenticity. Twitter now enables users to broadcast live video in real-time."
- Include images in your tweets. If you want to learn how to use Twitter successfully, you cannot afford to overlook the importance of visual material. Ascertain that the pictures you post are both conversation-starting and relevant to your business. Bear in mind that you may tag up to ten individuals per picture if required.
- Consider GIFs. They may be an amusing approach to demonstrate the lighter side of your company. Consider creating your own branded GIFS, like Wendy, a Twitter specialist did with their Frosty and fries promotion.
Monitor Your Performancer
Perhaps the most critical aspect of knowing how to successfully utilize Twitter is ensuring that people watch your brand. Tracking your brand entails keeping an eye on what others are saying about you online and monitoring your Twitter performance.
- Follow your competition: Keeping track of your rivals accomplishes two things. To begin, it serves as motivation for your own tweets and activities on Twitter. Second, it informs you of what others are saying about competing brands and how they compare to yours.
- Listen to your followers: Using a service like Sprout Social, you can monitor what your audience is saying about you through hashtags, @mentions, and brand-related keywords. The more you understand your brand's reputation, the simpler it will be to improve it.
- Use Twitter Analytics to Track Your Marketing: Twitter Analytics offers a high-level overview of your social media marketing approach, which you can use to fine-tune. When used in conjunction with a product, you'll get a more comprehensive picture of consumer interaction.
Experiment With Novel Strategies
Finally, after you've mastered the fundamentals of Twitter, explore some of the platform's more sophisticated content types. Consider using Twitter's paid advertising tools to promote particular posts and reach targeted audiences.
Alternatively, consider the following:
- Creating Twitter cards for your website: This will guarantee that when you publish your blog articles on social media, they will stand out to your target audience.
- Live video broadcasting: Businesses have been experimenting with live video broadcasting on Twitter for some time now, including 360-degree streaming channels. With the growing popularity of video and other visual content, live video is an excellent addition to any Twitter strategy.
- Provide customer support: If you have a sufficient number of individuals managing your Twitter account, consider adding a customer care channel. Social media is used by 67 percent of US consumers to seek brand support. The Twitter activity demonstrates to your audience that you are constantly available to them.
Finally, successfully utilizing Twitter is all about interacting with your audience and standing out. As more businesses use social media to interact with their consumers, it's critical to ensure that your page has the appropriate presence.
The ideas above will assist you in developing a more personal connection with your brand's fans. The more time you spend on Twitter and the more you understand its worth in terms of reaching your audience, the simpler it will be to develop your business online.
Are you ready to take your Twitter strategy to the next level? Consult our experts at Key For Designs to assist you.